Yes/ No Question:
Direct: “ Do/ does / did
Is / am / are…. + S + ……. ?”
Can / will / Have…
Reported: Speaker + asked + O + If / whether + S + V
1. “ Have you enrolled for more than one class ?” said Peter
=> Peter asked me if/ whether I had enrolled for more than one class.
2. “ Are you working as well as studying, Peter ?” She said
=> She asked Peter if he was working as well as studying.
3. “ Do you want to buy any second – hand books ?” said Bill
=> Bill asked me if he wanted to buy any second – hand book.
4. “ Did you play for your school team ?” she asked him.
=> She asked him if he played for his school team.
5. “ Can I bring my dog into the compartment with me, Tom ?” said Mary.
=> Mary asked Tom if she brought her dog into the compartment with her.
Direct: “ (W) H_ + do / does / did……… + S + ….. ?”
is / am / are…….
Reported: Speaker + asked + O + (W)H_ + S + V..
1. “Why did you travel first class ?” I asked him
=> I asked him why he traveled first class.
2. “ Whose car did you borrow last night ?” I said to him
=> I asked him whose car he borrowed the night before .
3. “Where were you last night, Mr Jones ?” she said
=> She asked Mr. Jones where he had been the night before.
4. “ What is your new house like ?” I asked her
=> I asked her what her new house was like.
5. He said, “ What is happening ?”
=> He asked me what was happening?.